The EE Times elves have waded through all of the entries and selected the winner of the September 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest.
Well, as usual, judging the cartoon caption contest has been a difficult task because there were so many amazing entries, but the EE Times elves have finally come to an agreement between themselves.
The winning entry, by EE Times Community Member pabaines was:
As Bob prepared to enter his time machine, he relished the thought of being amongst an advanced civilization who would appreciate his vivid imagination and love of hallucinogenic fungi.
And the runners up were as follows:
- matsci "Bob's efforts to avoid dealing directly with his staff were about to be thwarted."
- BinaryJudy "Crikey mate! The engineer is coming out of his natural habitat! Remember they're not very social creatures so don't make eye contact or you might scare him off. Crikey mate, get ready to pull that string!"
- David Ashton "As Phil left the building after a rainy but productive day, the sun was out and he burst into song... 'I can see clearly now the rain is gone; I can see all obstacles in my way...'"
- TGR0 "Michael Faraday was lost in thought, pondering how to isolate his electrical experiments from those of his coworkers. The solution was about to hit him."
- dt_hayden "One minute you are headed home from the lab, the next you are servicing test equipment on a mountaintop." (See March 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest: Mountain Climbing)
Thanks to everyone who participated. We're sorry if you missed out this time, but happily our October 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest is awaiting your witty entries.
Last, but certainly not least, if you're a past winner and you've not yet received your signed copy of the cartoon, please contact Susan Rambo at firstname.lastname@example.org