The EE Times elves have waded through all of the entries and selected the winner of the January 2016 Cartoon Caption Contest.
Well, as usual, judging the cartoon caption contest has been a difficult task because there were so many amazing entries, but the EE Times elves have finally come to an agreement between themselves.
The winning entry, by EE Times Community Member pabaines was:
Bob's punishment for missing his deadline was to be tied to his chair tantalizingly close to a disconnected cable, with one hand superglued to his desk and another to his chin, while the pages from his wall calendar were slowly torn away.
And the runners up were as follows:
- AC12340: The hand of time has a way of kicking you in the butt every now and then.
- NoNIckName_#2: The cringe-inducing yearly sound of non-roll-over vacation days being ripped away--pain among the engineers balanced by glee in the executive board room.
- dt_hayden: Sam is haunted by his boast to "be able to get 1Gbps over RS-232 by the end of the year or he'd eat his dongle."
- pabaines: Bob's wormhole experiments had resulted in some interesting possibilities, not least of which was an ability to sneak up on himself.
- andybe: Facing certain hardware failure, Sam struggled to honor his New Year's resolution -- "Must... not... chew... fingernails!"
- niladri_1: Dan did not realize there was an even more serious page fault looming.
Thanks to everyone who participated. We're sorry if you missed out this time, but happily our February 2016 Cartoon Caption Contest is awaiting your witty entries.
Last, but certainly not least, if you're a past winner and you've not yet received your signed copy of the cartoon, please contact Susan Rambo at email@example.com