As usual, judging the March 2017 cartoon caption competition was much harder than you might expect. And, as usual, the EE Times Elves whinged and whined about having too much to do and too little time to do it all in. Happily, after much gnashing of teeth and rending of garb, the annoying little scamps finally came to a consensus.
The winning entry, by EE Time Community Member TFCSD, was "Say three days for prototyping, programming, and test... We ship on the 15th!"
"Say three days for prototyping, programming, and test... We ship on the 15th!"
And the runners up -- in no particular order (the EE Times Elves aren't very good at "order") -- were as follows:
- rxx12345: "The History Channel presents a compelling case that Caesar was in fact killed by a time-traveling hairdresser named Bruce."
- RWatkins: "Yield unto Caesar that which is CeasarZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!"
- didymus7: "'Mark this date, folks! March 15th is the day that my hair began to grow back under HV stimulus!' The cell phone survived with only minor scorch marks."
- 2Torr: "While Farticus gloats over the number of fatalities resulting from his noxious gas emissions, his doctor carefully prepares a cauterizing seal of disapproval."
- dt_hayden: "Can you please change the font to Latin Condensed?"
- nonickname_#3: "After determining that any circle's circumference divided by its diameter is about 3.14, Zeno's technician becomes incensed when Zeno proclaims March 15 as Pi day."