X-ES adds 6U VPX module to its Intel Core i7 processor-based product line
10/26/2012 12:32 PM EDT
Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) introduces the XCalibur4440, a conduction- or air-cooled 6U VPX Single Board Computer (SBC) supporting 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors. With a dual- or quad-core processor, 16 GB of memory, and dual PMC/XMC sites, the XCalibur4440 is well-suited for the most demanding military applications.
- Intel Core i7-2655LE, -2610UE, -3555LE, -3517UE, and -3612QE processors
- Conduction- or air-cooled 6U VPX form factor, OpenVPX compliant
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1600 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- 32 MB of boot flash and up to 256 GB of user flash
- Dual PMC/XMC interfaces with rear I/O and front panel I/O support
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet and two 10/100/1000BASE-BX Ethernet ports
- One HDMI/DVI-D video port
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Four SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- Front panel I/O – DisplayPort video, 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet, and USB 2.0 ports
- Linux, Wind River VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY BSPs, as well as Microsoft Windows Drivers. Other RTOS solutions may be available.
In addition to 6U VPX, X-ES is supporting 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors across our five other industry-standard form factors: COM Express, 3U VPX, 3U CompactPCI, 6U CompactPCI, and 6U VME. The XPedite7470 3U VPX SBC, the XPedite7431 3U CompactPCI SBC, the XCalibur4401 6U CompactPCI SBC, the XPedite7450 COM Express module, and the XCalibur4440 6U VPX SBC are currently available. Datasheet: Click here.