Sealed, ultra-miniature pushbutton switch cuts assembly time, cost
8/2/2011 11:26 AM EDT
C&K Components rolled out its FP series of ultra-miniature pushbutton switch that saves assembly time and money.
The FP Series features a totally sealed construction, which uses an o-ring between the actuator and bushing to prevent contamination. This sealing feature allows for automated soldering and cleaning, which saves time and money during the assembly process. The RoHS-compliant switches are available in both vertical and right angle mount configurations, and offer an extended operating life to 50,000 cycles.
The miniature FP Series switches only measure 5.6mm x 7mm, with a board height of only 5mm for the right angle version and 4.5mm x 7mm, with a board height of only 5.6mm for the vertical version. With its ultra miniature size and versatility via the vertical and right angle mount configurations, the FP Series pushbutton switches are aimed at telecom and datacom applications.
The FP Series switches feature gold over nickel-plated contacts and are available with or without a white, black or red cap.
- Contact rating: Max. 0.4 VA (28 V DC or V AC).
- Electrical life: 50,000 cycles.
- Contact resistance: (10mA @ 2 V DC) 80 m½ max. initial.
- Insulation resistance: 500M½ min. @ 500 V DC - 1 minute.
- Operating temperature: –20ºC to 80ºC.
- Solderability: Per MIL-STD-202F method 208D, or EIA RS-186E method 9.
- Packaging: Tray pack - 100 switches per tray. Caps (optional) - Bulk bag; 100 caps per bag
Datasheet: Click here.