RED BANK, N.J., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LOG-NET, Inc., the industry leader in international supply chain software solutions, today announced the release of LOG-NET Version 7.0, the next generation of their leading international supply chain management (SCM) and global trade management (GTM) platform. Version 7 leverages the latest internet technology and research in value chain management to deliver on LOG-NET's vision of "Logistics Your Way." Packed with new features LOG-NET 7.0 provides intuitive drag and drop dashboards, pre-configured business intelligence components, integrated social messaging, new six sigma ready statistical trade lane assessment, new compliance capability and enhanced visibility milestones from order negotiation through to final distribution.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121203/NY21238 )
- Drag and Drop Dashboards: LOG-NET breaks new ground in Version 7 with the ability of users to drag and drop the components on their screens to build their logistics and visibility solution to operate their way, in real time. Layouts, color schemes, menu options, functions and fields can all be easily configured to meet the needs for users who are shippers, forwarders, carriers, importers or exporters. This extensive re-engineering of the user interface also enables layouts that can be optimized for mobile or tablet based use with a simple click, drag or swipe.
- Business intelligence (BI) components are built into the LOG-NET 7.0 interface in a fashion that makes them easy to use and configure without the need to learn externally integrated tools. Advanced users have the ability to leverage more extensive BI tools to leverage the rich volume of visibility information in the LOG-NET platform.
- Trade lane analytics capabilities continuous dynamic statistical analysis of trade lane performance occurs in LOG-NET 7 to forecast delivery times. This feature includes sophisticated capabilities to optimize the impacts of weekends, holidays, terminal free time, inventory levels and equipment usage costs when determining the Expected Time of Arrival (ETA), and priority, of goods in transit. LOG-NET 7's dynamic ETA management has been extended to include automated updating of shipment and order status based on updates from forwarders, carriers, analysts and distribution operators. These same statistics can be used as the foundation for continuous improvement of all segments of the supply chain, from lead time management to trading partner performance. LOG-NET 7 gives users a six sigma ready cloud logistics platform.
- Social compliance continues to be an added dimension of supply chain management, and LOG-NET 7.0 delivers more capabilities in this increasingly important area. LOG-NET 7's new inspections and maintenance capability enables factory, product, and inventory inspections for quality; social compliance; and security initiatives. Coupled with the new tablet compatible interface, LOG-NET 7.0 provides a whole new way for suppliers and their trading partners to innovate together in real time. LOG-NET's carbon calculator provides the industry's most sophisticated engine for ongoing analysis of carbon footprints in multi-modal transportation.
- Supplier integration reaches new levels of simplicity in LOG-NET 7.0 with rich new features to collaborate in, and around, the cloud. Seamless integration is provided on-line and offline with intuitive new tools that revolutionize the negotiation, acceptance, packing, shipping, allocating and receiving of goods around the world. This feature packed release enables solutions for the growing demands of today's multi-channel logistics world. LOG-NET 7.0 delivers these capabilities with intelligent ETA forecasts and status analysis happening constantly in the background. Issues can be marked with an extensive exception infrastructure or tagged in the new social messaging capabilities and knowledge sharing features of LOG-NET 7.0.
"LOG-NET has always focused, and has had considerable success, on providing logistics solutions configured around the user," noted John Motley, CEO and founder of LOG-NET, Inc. "With LOG-NET 7.0 we deliver an unprecedented set of logistics capabilities in the cloud. We combine these capabilities with a beautiful and intuitive interface that will open up sophisticated logistics collaboration to a very large user community in the supplier, forwarder, carrier and customer markets. LOG-NET 7.0 combines a highly intuitive interface, that is enabled on multiple end user devices, with our history of the largest set of integrated features to deliver on our promise to enable logistics your way," he noted.
LOG-NET is very pleased to announce this release as they continue on more than twenty years of continuous innovation and industry firsts with the delivery of LOG-NET 7.0. For more information regarding LOG-NET version 7.0, please visit our website at www.LOG-NET.com.
About LOG-NET, Inc.
Founded in 1991, LOG-NET, Inc. of Red Bank, N.J. was established to provide the finest purchasing, trade, transportation and logistics information systems. The company has grown from a supplier of custom logistics solutions into a developer of integrated on-demand, end-to-end (E2E) supply chain solutions and is active in more than seventy countries around the world.
LOG-NET's management and design team is comprised of individuals with outstanding technical skills and practical operating experience in international, multi-modal logistics and operations management. This in-depth understanding of trade and logistics balanced with the highest levels of technical capability is reflected throughout the company's products and services. For more information, please visit www.LOG-NET.com.
Note to editors: LOG-NET is a registered trademark of LOG-NET, Inc. All trademarks and registered trademarks contained herein remain the property of their respective companies. LOG-NET, Inc., (732) 758-6800
CONTACT: John Motley, +1-732-758-6800, email@example.com
SOURCE LOG-NET, Inc.