SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US, a leading hybrid media group specializing in gaming and technology properties, today announced that GamesRadar, the premiere source for everything video games, has a brand new look. The site underwent a complete overhaul, resulting in a slick new layout, editor-curated content in a carousel style slideshow, updated social features, and easier navigation.
Comprehensive updates to the site include:
- Clean and modern tile based layout that puts game imagery front and center.
- Dynamic and interactive functionality that draws inspiration from the best mobile apps
- More space for editors to feature the best content.
- Social interactions are also brought into focus directly on the home page. Not only can you see who's interacted with content and get a taste of recent comments – but you can also contribute comments or share to your favorite social networks right from the home page.
- Everything you need to know about the best games in a dynamic module – again, directly on the home page.
- Users will never miss out on GamesRadar's famous Top 7s and other gallery articles, because they're now featured prominently.
- Infinitely scrolling content stream allows endless eons of browsing through everything GamesRadar has to offer – without even needing to click.
"We are extremely proud about the latest evolution of GamesRadar.com," said Sophia Tong, Editor-in-Chief, GamesRadar. "The new look and site features help lay the foundation for all the exciting things to come in 2013." A complete walk-through of the new site can be viewed at www.gamesradar.com/gamesradar-website-walkthrough.
GamesRadar will celebrate with a week of specific genre themed content leading up to the "Game of the Year" awards and will hold a special live stream on December 18th featuring the Game of the Year winner and nominees.
Experience the new GamesRadar now at www.gamesradar.com.
Future plc is an international special-interest media group that is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: FUTR). Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today the company has operations in the U.K., U.S., and Australia creating over 200 special-interest publications, apps, websites and events for people who are passionate about their interests. The company holds strong market positions in games, music, technology, action sports, film, automotive and crafts. The biggest-selling magazines in the U.S. include Official Xbox Magazine, PC Gamer, Maximum PC and Mac|Life, while the U.K. business publishes leading titles such as T3, Total Film,and Classic Rock. The company's web sites include GamesRadar, BikeRadar, TechRadar and MusicRadar. Future sells over 2.2 million magazines each month; attracting more than 45 million unique visitors to its websites; and delivering over 100 digital editions and bespoke apps on tablet. In addition, Future exports, syndicates or licenses its publications to 89 countries internationally, making it the U.K.'s biggest exporter of monthly magazines.
SOURCE Future US