ALPHARETTA, Ga., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With the amount of data that an average business collects and stores doubling each year, Rolta recognizes the need to help clients improve data management. Today it announced the launch of the Rolta Engineered Systems Center of Excellence (COE).
Rolta is a leader in providing IT consulting, technology and managed services, with unique expertise in serving the needs of companies in the Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail and Healthcare industries. It is an Oracle Platinum Partner.
Rolta's Engineered Systems COE is a comprehensive suite of capabilities including:
- Consulting and Advisory Services – to guide organizations through the process of determining if Oracle's Engineered Systems are right for their business needs and to create roadmaps and financial plans for solutions identified as the best fit.
- Outsourcing and Managed Services – to help get the most out of an Oracle investment through complete or project-based management of applications and infrastructure.
- Technology Services – Rolta's ExaLab helps reduce risk and implementation expenses by providing a complete environment for Proof of Concepts to test the Engineered Systems capabilities prior to purchase to ensure that sizing, architecture and interoperability meet the organization's needs now and in the future.
Rolta's ExaLab enables companies to evaluate products such as:
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine ‒ providing extreme performance for both data warehousing and Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) applications. Its storage servers combine smart storage software and industry-standard hardware to deliver high database storage performance.
- Oracle Exalogic ‒ hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Oracle, Java and other applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- Oracle Exalytics ‒ the industry's first in-memory Business Intelligence machine that delivers the fastest performance for BI and planning applications.
- The Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) ‒ simplifies deployment, maintenance and support of high-availability database solutions.
Rolta's Engineered Systems COE is managed and supported by Oracle ACE professionals and business solution architects, as well as Rolta's more than 500 Oracle resources in North America and more than 1,000 worldwide, along with business specialists in the vertical industries Rolta focuses on to provide solid domain expertise. The COE enables Rolta to offer an extensible set of services, capabilities, and global delivery in a follow-the-sun model for "Plan>Build>Manage" services surrounding the Oracle Engineered Systems product line.
"Our investment in the creation of Rolta's multi-million dollar Engineered Systems COE underscores our commitment to − and belief in − Oracle's technology," said Jason Cory, president of Rolta North America. "We've helped enterprises dramatically improve their IT operations and data management capabilities through implementation of Oracle's Exadata and other appliances. The launch of our COE makes Rolta uniquely qualified to provide advisory services, architecture and planning, proof of concept trials, implementation support and services for applications running on Oracle Engineered Systems."
Rolta's experienced consultants help clients develop data modeling and data loading processes to obtain maximum effectiveness from Oracle Engineered Systems. Rolta helps drive expense out of enterprise compute environments while creating more reliable, higher-performing systems. Many of Rolta's clients have found that Exadata implementations, done well, eliminate bandwidth bottlenecks, reduce maintenance, administrative and hardware costs while delivering a dramatic increases in database performance for greater productivity.
Rolta has supported multiple Exadata, ODA , Exalytics and Exalogic implementations, and has the expertise to enable companies to achieve maximum benefits from the platforms. Rolta also currently manages several large Engineered Systems deployments and solutions for customers. For example, Rolta recently assisted an enterprise organization with complex regulatory requirements and data ownership issues to reduce costs while improving the management of more than 5.5 terabytes of data.
For additional information or to schedule time to learn more about the Rolta's Engineered Systems COE, visit www.roltasolutions.com.
Rolta is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions for many vertical segments, including Manufacturing, Utilities, Financial Services, Retail and Healthcare. These enterprise level solutions are built around Rolta's intellectual property and domain expertise to offer unique business intelligence for impactful insights for effective decision making. Rolta's solutions framework includes Rolta Geospatial Fusion™, a suite to integrate disparate spatial and business data; Rolta OneView™, a BI solution for operational excellence; and Rolta iPerspective™, a unique platform for SOA and "Cloud" enablement. Rolta is a multinational organization headquartered in India, which has executed projects in over 40 countries. Forbes Global ranked Rolta among the "Best 200 under a Billion" four times in six years. The Company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in cash and F&O segment, and forms part of various indices on BSE/NSE. The Company's GDRs are listed on the Main Board of London Stock Exchange. For additional information about Rolta, visit http://www.rolta.com, or contact: