BEIJING, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- PR Newswire today announced the official launch of its new China Online and Social Media Monitoring (CMM) platform. The platform has been designed to allow marketing and communications professionals to get ahead of the curve and learn exactly what is being said about the things that matter most - be it their brands, products or services, or those of their rivals - through traditional, online and social media channels. With comprehensive and easy-to-interpret reporting, the data allows users to evaluate the effectiveness of their marketing and communications strategies, while also highlighting areas where additional focus is needed and potential crises forming.
With over 520 million internet users and over one billion mobile users, China has the largest online population in the world, as well as one of the most active. For those organizations planning to be successful in China, a strong online presence is essential, and while regular communications through traditional mediums like press releases are the perfect way to build exposure and generate shareable content, it's now becoming just as important to understand what happens after that. What are people saying about your brand? What are people comparing your latest product to? Do people even like it? These are essential questions that need answering, and CMM offers a simple and cost-effective solution that collates all that information in one easy-to-access platform.
CMM's key features include:
- In-depth monitoring across 21 key industries: CMM provides comprehensive monitoring across nearly 100 news sources followed by Baidu and Google's news portals, the online versions of 300+ major print media, major blogs, online communities and forums, as well as SINA and Tencent's microblog platforms that currently have around 300 million users each.
- Crisis management alerts: CMM provides automated alerts when there is any sign of negative reporting by media or negative blog or microblog posts from Chinese netizens. This is based on a detailed interpretation of the patterns of Chinese media reporting and an analysis of social media user habits, helping organizations identify potential public relations crises and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Keyword and headline monitoring: CMM provides unique keyword and headline monitoring that helps organizations evaluate the effectiveness of press releases and media coverage of staged marketing events, while also offering a side-by-side comparison of up to four groups of results, providing insight into how the online population is reacting to a recent announcement or product launch, etc.
- Key data on influencers connected to keywords: CMM compares and analyzes the frequency of keyword usage and the profiles of associated users on microblogs and across online media. Analyzed data includes proportion of "verified" users to total users, geographical and gender distribution, activity and impact.
- Automated reporting options: Automated email reports keep relevant stakeholders up to date on what is being said. CMM allows for the comparison of historical data, generates weekly, monthly and annual graphical reports and minimizes the manual effort normally required by users to create, set up and interpret reports.
"CMM has been well received by clients who have been given early access to the tool during our beta testing, including Air China and United Nations Development Program, bolstering our confidence and belief that this platform will prove to be a valuable tool for a wide array of companies," said Lynn Liu, product manager for PR Newswire's CMM. "If organizations want a monitoring platform that can simplify an often complicated process and that can allow their marketing and monitoring work to be readily quantified in a way top executives can appreciate, CMM is an ideal choice."
"What distinguishes CMM from other services of its kind is the level of expertise and experience that PR Newswire brings to the table. PR Newswire is a global leader in multimedia platforms that allow marketers and corporate communicators to leverage content and engage with stakeholders, and all that experience we've gained over the years has gone into ensuring that CMM is a practical and useful tool that will aid organizations in better understanding the sentiment of Chinese consumers and the media," said Yujie Chen, managing director of PR Newswire in China. "With this in mind, we also envisage CMM having a key role to play in new business development, helping organizations to identify and capture potential business opportunities as and when they arise."
Visit http://cmm.prnasia.com to sign up for a trial and immediately experience the benefits of CMM. Alternatively, non-Chinese speakers can connect with us directly to learn more.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (http://en.prnasia.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 58 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
SOURCE PR Newswire