CAMPBELL, California, February 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Service providers and enterprises can now confidently deploy ElastiStor storage for applications hosted on VMware vSphere and Citrix XenServer and deliver guaranteed storage QoS to each one of them
CloudByte, the first company to guarantee QoS for applications within shared storage, today announced that its ElastiStor solution has been certified by VMware and Citrix. Following rigorous testing on VMware ESXi 5.0/5.1, Citrix XenServer 6.0 and CloudPlatform 2.x and 3.x, these certifications allow service providers and enterprises operating in these virtualized environments to realize the full benefits of the ElastiStor solution. In addition, CloudByte has developed a VMware vCenter plugin that enables admins to provision and manage storage QoS for every VM, right from the vCenter console.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130123/589070 )
Scaling performance-guaranteeing storage remains a key challenge in the new-age datacenters. CloudByte ElastiStor overcomes this challenge by delivering QoS to every application right from a shared storage platform. With ElastiStor, datacenters can now replace dedicated storage islands with an extensible storage platform, resulting in a steep reduction in storage footprint and associated costs. Further, ElastiStor simplifies storage management with its on-demand provisioning, comprehensive management console, REST APIs and plugins. ElastiStor makes storage predictable, affordable, and easy even as datacenters scale to thousands of applications.
Benefits for VMware vSphere and Citrix XenServer Customers
- QoS-guaranteed virtual machines: Every storage endpoint (LUN) within an ElastiStor node can be configured in terms of IOPS, throughput and latency. This allows virtual machines with disparate workloads to be guaranteed QoS right from a shared storage platform.
- On-demand provisioning: ElastiStor breaks the need for hardwiring storage to configure a virtual machine's storage performance by intelligently automating node selection and resource allocation.
- Comprehensive management: Storage admins can now manage the entire storage cluster, spanning across multiple sites, from a single web-based console. Further, ElastiStor gives unprecedented access and control over resource usage within shared storage, right down to the VM-level granularity.
- Easy integration with REST APIs: Every action performed at the ElastiStor admin console translates into a REST-based API call in the backend, enabling admins to fully manage ElastiStor right from their existing portals. Our vCenter plugin (also based on REST APIs) allows admins to provision NFS datastores for virtual machines and set QoS parameters to them, right from the vCenter console.
- Superior security and reliability: With isolation across all storage stack levels and optional data encryption, ElastiStor offers complete security for virtual machines within a shared storage platform. ElastiStor offers N-Way HA, exponentially increasing uptime or mean-time-to-failure (MTTF), compared to legacy 2-way HA.
"ElastiStor is architected to meet the scalability and performance demands of virtualized environments and being certified by two leading server virtualization providers is a logical step forward for us. Our customers can now confidently rely on ElastiStor interoperability with virtual machines on VMware vSphere and Citrix XenServer," said Felix Xavier, Founder and CTO, CloudByte.
CloudByte Inc. (http://www.cloudbyte.com) is a next-generation storage product company headquartered in Campbell, CA, USA with its engineering team based in Bangalore, India. Architected from the ground-up for new-age datacenters, CloudByte ElastiStor guarantees tailored QoS to all applications within a shared storage platform. An industry first, this capability allows customers to drastically reduce their storage footprint and cut back on the associated capital and operational expenses. Software-only and software-defined, ElastiStor frees service providers and enterprises from any proprietary lock-in, while incredibly simplifying storage provisioning and management.
Join the conversation on http://www.blog.cloudbyte.com or on Twitter@CloudByteInc.
Contact:Prashant MLNPP - firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE CloudByte Technologies