SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AppDynamics, Inc., the leading application performance management (APM) solution for modern application architectures, announced today that it has dramatically simplified its user interface while introducing powerful features designed for complex and distributed environments.
Following the mission statement of "Simple Yet Powerful," the new release from AppDynamics offers an industry first: an easy-to-use solution that also identifies the most complex problems plaguing the world's largest and most dynamic application environments.
AppDynamics' "Simple Yet Powerful" features are grouped below:
- AppDynamics auto-discovers each application's topology and dependencies to make it easy for users to pinpoint bottlenecks between services and tiers.
- AppDynamics also auto-discovers the business transactions (e.g. "submit order," "pay bill") being performed by end users to make it easy for IT Operations to understand whether the most important transactions are slow or failing.
- AppDynamics auto-instruments application code and traces each transaction from end-to-end. With no manual instrumentation required, users can immediately deploy AppDynamics and begin troubleshooting performance problems.
- New: AppDynamics has its simplified UI for faster troubleshooting; it now takes approximately 30% fewer clicks to identify and resolve problems.
- New: AppDynamics has made it easy to seamlessly integrate its solution into existing enterprise security systems through user provisioning with LDAP & SAML, using fine-grained Role Based Access Control capabilities.
- New: It's now possible to personalize Event filters for each user, so individuals only see the application data that's relevant to their role. For example, if IT Ops professionals are in charge of the cluster responsible for the "Pay Bill" business transaction, they can filter Events to screen out the white noise and pinpoint the data necessary for root cause analysis.
- AppDynamics is renowned for its ability to turn the "black box" of an application into a clear picture of where to begin troubleshooting. It provides specific diagnostics for all of the usual suspects of performance problems: slow business transactions, application errors, database calls, NoSQL/Big Data performance, server health, resource constraints, CPU, memory leaks and errors, browser slowness, and more.
- AppDynamics auto-learns the normal performance of each business transaction so that it can accurately identify deviations from the norm and collect actionable diagnostics in real time. By avoiding the error-prone technique of setting manual thresholds, users avoid "false alarms" and spend their time on actual issues.
- AppDynamics typically reduces Mean-Time-to-Resolution for critical app problems by 90% by enabling code-level diagnostics in a matter of minutes.
- New: AppDynamics now monitors and reports on the performance of multi-threaded business transactions, equipping IT development and operations teams with tremendous control over highly complex and distributed application environments.
"Our goal is to simplify the nature of application performance management, enabling our customers to focus on innovation rather than firefighting and troubleshooting," said Jyoti Bansal, Founder & CEO of AppDynamics. "But simplification can't come at the expense of the ability to manage today's complex applications. AppDynamics has struck a balance that offers 'seconds to root cause' capability without sacrificing the powerful features required to support the most distributed application environments on the planet."
AppDynamics stands at the forefront of a generational change in how web applications are managed: modern applications are no longer monolithic in nature but are highly distributed and dynamic, fueled by architectural trends like Cloud, SOA, Big Data and Agile Development. As a result, traditional application performance management solutions have become outdated. AppDynamics is well poised to exploit this generational shift, and has become the solution of choice for organizations that require Tomcat monitoring, JBoss monitoring, Weblogic monitoring, Websphere monitoring, NET and IIS server monitoring, and Glassfish monitoring.
AppDynamics is a leading provider of Software-as-Service (SaaS) and on-premise application performance management for modern application architectures in both the cloud and the data center. The company delivers solutions for highly distributed and agile environments, helping companies such as Netflix, Priceline, TiVo, AMICA Insurance, Hotels.com, StubHub, Staples, Insight Technologies, and Cornell University monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and scale their production applications. Over 90,000 people have downloaded AppDynamics Lite, the company's free troubleshooting solution for Java/.NET. Visit our blog or follow us on Twitter.
SOURCE AppDynamics, Inc.