MIAMI, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amadeus, a leading technology partner for the global travel industry, today announced the availability in North America of Travel Seeker HD, a new, free iPad application that provides travel inspiration and information at the tap of a touchscreen.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121107/NY07641 )
"For years, travelers have been relegated to search primarily by origin, destination, and date. Now with Amadeus' next generation technologies, travelers are no longer confined to limited search constraints and can instead search and discover trip options in a more personalized and natural way. With Travel Seeker HD, we are showcasing how Amadeus can help travel agencies and airlines to empower their customers with a brand new travel search experience," said Scott Gutz, President and CEO, Amadeus North America.
Available now on the App Store, Travel Seeker HD enables users to conduct "inspiring" travel searches from 100 city origins in the U.S. and Canada to 150 destinations in the U.S. and 350 destinations worldwide. For example, users can get instant responses to questions like: "Where can I go for $500?", "When is the best time to go to New Zealand?", "Where can I go to enjoy a family vacation at a theme park?" or "In which cities can I meet my friends?" Through an intuitive graphical interface, the app provides rich information about destinations and activities based on a wide range of travel search parameters such as budget, flight options, points-of-interest, weather, geography, and more. Users can quickly and easily browse maps, view photos and guides, and search hundreds of flights and fares. Facebook integration enables users to get recommendations from other travelers or find friends in destinations around the world.
Using Travel Seeker HD, users can:
- Travel their way. Search and filter requests by a wide range of criteria including: origin and destination, price, duration, travel dates, local activities, points-of-interest, and airline.
- Access the best air fares. Amadeus' powerful, state-of-the-art, low fare search engine delivers accurate, real-time prices and flight options across hundreds of airlines to match destination choices and date criteria, all in a single-screen view.
- Steal the deal. Built-in trip quality ratings indicate whether the flight is a good deal or not.
- ID their location. Geo-location (GPS) and Wi-Fi mapping technology identifies the user's location to determine the best departure airport and colorful tablet-size imaging makes it easy to view maps and browse travel content.
- Nail the detail. Access to rich, inspiring content helps make decisions on where and when to travel including local weather, activities, points-of interest, travel guides, colorful photographs, and rich destination descriptions.
- Get social. Use Facebook to share with friends and request feedback and recommendations from other travelers.
- Let your travel agent book it. Users can email their selected destination and details to their preferred travel agency to book their travel.
"As an app with an innovative user interface and the most sophisticated and comprehensive search capabilities available, Travel Seeker HD enables travelers to discover their next great trip while also showcasing Amadeus' commitment to providing next generation technology that enables the travel industry to deliver relevant, easy, and enjoyable online travel experiences," continued Gutz.
Gutz said Travel Seeker HD highlights the company's continued focus on innovation by combining state-of-the-art mobile technology with powerful low fare search tools such as Amadeus' Extreme Search inspirational shopping solution and Master Pricer low fare search technology. Gutz added that Amadeus can also develop customized versions of the Travel Seeker HD application for its travel agency and airline partners.
"Delivering tools like Travel Seeker HD directly to travelers gives us critical insight and feedback that enables us to advance our solutions for our travel industry customers. Amadeus will continue to develop leading-edge technology solutions that serve our industry partners' changing business needs as well as the continuing evolution of travelers."
The Amadeus Travel Seeker HD app is now available in the U.S. and Canada. It can be downloaded for free from the App Store on iPad or directly here. For more information about Travel Seeker HD including demonstration videos, visit here. For more information about Amadeus technology solutions, call 1.888.AMADEUS (in the U.S.), 1.888.611.5554 (in Canada), email email@example.com or visit www.amadeus.com.
Notes to the editors:
Amadeus is a leading transaction processor and provider of advanced technology solutions for the global travel and tourism industry.
Customer groups include travel providers (e.g. airlines, hotels, rail, ferries, etc.), travel sellers (travel agencies and websites), and travel buyers (corporations and individual travelers).
The group operates a transaction-based business model and processed more than 947 million billable travel transactions in 2011.
Amadeus has central sites in Madrid (corporate headquarters), Nice (development), and Erding (operations – data processing center) and regional offices in Miami, Buenos Aires, Bangkok, and Dubai. At a market level, Amadeus maintains customer operations through 73 local Amadeus Commercial Organizations covering 195 countries.
Amadeus is listed on the Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, and Valencia stock exchanges and trades under the symbol "AMS.MC". It is a component of the IBEX 35, STOXX Europe 600 Index, and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI).
For the year ended December 31, 2011, the company reported like-for-like revenues of €2,712 million and EBITDA of €1,039 million. The Amadeus group employs around 10,000 people worldwide, with 123 nationalities represented at the central offices.
To find out more about Amadeus, please visit www.amadeus.com To visit the Amadeus Investor Relations center please visit www.investors.amadeus.com
Media inquiries only:
Director, Public Relations
Amadeus North America
kwittken + company for Amadeus North America