RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J., May 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Samsung Electronics America Inc., today announces that its newest additions to the Galaxy Family, Galaxy Tab 2™ 10.1 and Galaxy Player™ 4.2, will be available for purchase nationwide beginning Sunday, May 13.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120511/NY05944 )
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120412/NY86263-b )
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will be available for $399.99 SRP, and the Player 4.2 will sell for $199.99 SRP. These complement the already available Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Galaxy Player 3.6.
Retailers carrying the devices include Amazon, Best Buy, hhgregg, Tiger Direct, WalMart, Office Depot and others. (Not all models available from all retailers).
For additional retail outlet availability, visit http://www.samsung.com
Key highlights include
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Control, Watch and Share Your TV Content
- The perfect TV companion, use your Tab as a universal remote, multitask on the web while watching and wirelessly stream the live feed from your TV to your Tab.
Your Movies, Videos and Games Will Come Alive
- Everything's more exciting on a bigger screen. Browse the web, explore over 450,000 apps from Google Play and Samsung Apps, and access thousands of TV shows and movies via WiFi.
Built to Power Your Entertainment
- A big 10.1" entertainment machine The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, a dual-core processor with a microSD™ card slot and more.
Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2
Listen to your favorite music on the go
- Get instant access to your music with WiFi; as simple as drag and play.
Personalize your player. So many options to make it your own
- Discover a large collection of apps to customize your player.
One single device for all your entertainment needs
- The Galaxy Player 4.2 includes premium EA games. Experience seamless multimedia playback and much more!
Tab 2 10.1 Key Specs
OS: Ice Cream Sandwich
Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core
Camera: 3MP FF (rear) + VGA (front)
MicroSD slot (up to 32 GB add'l storage)
Built-In IR blaster (Smart Remote)
Services: Google Maps, GPS, Dropbox, Media/Readers/Music/ Game Hubs, Chat On, Netflix
Display:10.1 Widescreen HD display (1280 x 800)
Storage:16 GB on device (one 1 GB = 1 billion bytes), HDMI Compatible
Player 4.2 Key Specs
OS: Gingerbread 2.3
Processor: Cortex A8 1GHz
Camera: Front VGA/Rear 2MP
WiFi:(802.11 b/g/n), BT 3.0
Storage:8 GB on device (one 1 GB = 1 billion bytes),
Preloaded Games: Angry Birds, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, FIFA 2012
Multimedia: SoundAlive ™ , SoundEngine, Wireless Media
Content Streaming, Samsung Smart View, AllShare
Supports Various Multimedia Codecs: DivX, WMV,MPEG4, H.264
MP3, WMA, AAC, Ogg, FLAC
Google Play, Samsung Apps, VoIP
Display: 4.2" WVGA TFT Display
Ultra Slim Design (8.99mm)
About Samsung Electronics America
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics and home appliance products, including HDTVs, home theater systems, MP3 players, digital imaging products, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the HDTV market leader in the U.S. Please visit www.samsung.com for more information.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics America, Inc.