KEYSTONE, Colo., Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CableLabs Summer Conference –
- New Full-Band Capture remote diagnostic tools continuously monitor the entire 1GHz cable connection to all data and video channels.
- Provides real-time and unobtrusive cable performance information to quickly troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Lowers operator costs by reducing truck rolls for unnecessary service calls.
Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced a full suite of remote monitoring and diagnostic capabilities based on its Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology. By capturing the entire 1GHz cable spectrum, Broadcom's remote diagnostics provide access to real-time data and visibility into a user's home coax network for quick problem diagnosis and better overall customer service.
Broadcom will demonstrate the technology at CableLabs Summer Conference in Keystone, ColoradoAugust 5-7. Visit Broadcom.com to learn more.
- Broadcom's Full-Band Capture Remote Diagnostics technology can be implemented on the company's entire cable set-top box, gateway and modem platforms using Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology chipsets. Tailored to individual operator needs, operators can gather troubleshooting information without impacting customer video or data service. New remote diagnostics features include:
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities including demodulator statistics and RF spectrum analyzer functions.
- Active non-intrusive monitoring to provide continual checks without impacting user viewing or broadband experience.
- Integration with the TR-69 protocol, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or other web server-based protocols to provide both remote and home access to real-time RF diagnostics data.
Broadcom's Full-Band Capture Diagnostics platforms are available today and supported on all cable set-top box, modem and gateway platforms with Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology.
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Dan Marotta, Broadcom's Executive Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Communications Group:
"Broadcom's breakthrough Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology not only gives operators the flexibility to deliver more channels and services at a lower cost, but it also enables the ability to deliver remote diagnostic services. This service is not only delivering a vastly improved customer service experience, but also facilitates huge cost savings for operators."
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband