The folks at PLDA
, specialists in PCI Express and high-speed interface IP, have announced a new board in their suite of FPGA Design Kit
The PLDA XpressGX5LP
is the first FPGA-based low-profile PCI Express
form factor card incorporating 40Gb of Ethernet connectivity and 8 GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM. It is delivered with PLDA's leading PCIe 3.0 IP and full hardware 10G TCP stack IP, specifically optimized for the Altera Stratix V FPGA
The advanced XpressGX5LP FPGA design kit provides a complete design environment for applications using PCIe and 10GbE as their main communication interfaces. The XpressGX5LP is a highly integrated, low‐profile PCI Express FPGA card with quad-10Gb Ethernet (40GbE) engineered for both prototyping and field deployment. The PCIe and Ethernet architecture designed into the PLDA XpressGX5LP is ideal for high demand applications including real-time network processing and high frequency trading.
Key features of PLDA XpressGX5LP Low Profile Board include:
"As a go-to partner for Altera, PLDA is in a unique position to create best-in-class PCIe and Ethernet based solutions using Altera's award-winning FPGA products and enable faster, more cost-efficient integration of PCIe and Ethernet into our customers' applications,"
- Supports PCIe 3.0 at Gen3, Gen2, Gen1 speeds, in x1, x2, x4, x8
- Features Altera's 28nm Stratix V GX A7/A4 FPGA
- QSFP+ enabling 40Gb Ethernet or up to 4 x 10GbE
- Extensive onboard memory resources
- No external power supply required
- Includes PLDA's QuickPCIe IP core ‐ A highly configurable PCIe IP with advanced DMA and streaming interface
- Optionally Includes PLDA's QuickTCP IP core – A full hardware 10G TCP stack IP with streaming interface
- Provides a complete solution with encrypted RTL or source code, bus functional models, software design kit including device drivers and APIs, reference designs and complete technical support by IP experts.
said Stephane Hauradou, CTO for PLDA. Availability
The PLDA Xpress5GX is shipping now and will available for bulk orders in Q3 2012. Full specifications are available at www.plda.com
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Programmable Logic Designline
where – in addition to my Max's Cool Beans
blogs – you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to programmable logic devices of every flavor and size (FPGAs, CPLDs, CSSPs, PSoCs...).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).