Microsemi houses SmartFusion cSoCs in miniature package
10/5/2011 9:21 AM EDT
Microsemi Corp. announced its SmartFusion customizable system-on-chip (cSoC) family is now available in a "CS288" 288-ball chip scale package (CSP) package. The new small footprint package is designed for a wide range of industrial, military, communications, medical and computational applications such as security cameras, advanced weapon systems, wearable power supplies, optical transponders, flow monitors, oral x-ray sensors, remote heart monitors and single board computers.
Microsemi's SmartFusion cSoCs are the only devices that integrate an FPGA, a complete microcontroller built around a hard ARM Cortex-M3 processor and programmable analog, enabling full customization, IP protection and ease-of-use. Based on Microsemi's proprietary flash process, SmartFusion devices are suitable for hardware and embedded designers who need a highly integrated SoC that provides more flexibility than traditional fixed-function.
For more on this story, click here.
- Small 11x11 mm square and only 1.05 mm in height
- Available in leaded & lead-free (RoHS compliant) packages
- Available in commercial and industrial temperature grades
- Available across all densities enabling future proofing of designs
- 135 user IOs including FPGA, microcontroller GPIO and analog I/Os
- 10/100 Ethernet, external memory controller, with I2C, SPI and UART interfaces
- A complete 100 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit microcontroller sub-system with up to 500K gates of FPGA and feature rich programmable analog