MATLAB, Simulink revision features code generation
4/27/2011 11:01 AM EDT
MathWorks reveals Release 2011a (R2011a) of its MATLAB and Simulink product families offering key code generation products, MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder, and Embedded Coder as well as 80 other product updates, including Polyspace embedded software verification products.
Significant features of the MATLAB R2011 include:
1) Improved performance for linear algebra functions in MATLAB;
2) Large-scale interior-point solver for quadratic programming in Optimization Toolbox;
3) Utilization of up to 8 local workers by MATLAB Compiler generated applications and components using Parallel Computing Toolbox;
4) Object-oriented portfolio optimization solver with turnover and transaction costs in Financial Toolbox;
5) Engle-Granger and Johansen cointegration tests and VEC parameter estimation in Econometrics Toolbox.
R2011a also launches new System toolboxes for MATLAB and Simulink:
1) DSP System Toolbox, which combines features of Signal Processing Blockset and Filter Design Tool-box;
2) Communications System Toolbox, which combines features of Communications Tool-box and Communications Blockset;
3) Computer Vision System Toolbox, which incorporates the functionality of Video and Image Processing Blockset and adds new computer vision algorithms;
4) Phased Array System Toolbox, which provides algorithms and tools for designing, simulating, and analyzing phased array signal processing systems.
R2011a highlights for Simulink include:
1) Signal Logging Selector to compare simulation results across models and runs in Simulink;
2) Merge capability for Simulink models from the XML text comparison in Simulink Report Generator;
3) FPGA-in-the loop, customisable I/O, and board support for Xilinx devices in Simulink HDL Coder, EDA Simulator Link, and xPC Target;
4) Custom component authoring using the Simscape language in SimDriveline;
5) Automatic detection of overflow and divide-by-zero design errors using Polyspace technology in Simulink Design Verifier.
Courtesy of EE Times India