Multi-channel digital isolators offer high-voltage insulation
6/14/2011 4:48 PM EDT
Avago Technologies launched a family of digital isolators with robust insulation performance.
The new ACML-74x0 family is based on patented magnetic coupler technology that enables low power consumption at high data rates of 100 MBaud. The CMOS digital isolators feature thick, multi-layer insulation that is robust to very high voltage transient and working voltage, providing the reinforced insulation required for the harsh operation environments facing test and measurement, medical imaging and industrial applications.
The ACML-74x0 family's insulation is UL recognized at 5.6 kVRMS for 1 minute, enabling existing equipment to rate to higher voltages or provide greater safety margins in high voltage environments. During data transmission, the devices send low current pulses across the isolation barrier, maintaining low electromagnetic interference (EMI) emissions even at high data rates. This low EMI performance also provides end-applications with stronger ability to pass regulatory testing. The isolators integrate a quad-channel structure, and offer uni- or bi-directional configurations, to provide PCB savings.
- Low power consumption of 13mA per channel typical at 100MBd data rate
- Wide operating temperature range from -40° C to 105° C
- Qualified to low maximum propagation delay of 32ns and low maximum pulse width distortion of 2ns
- Low propagation delay skews of 4ns maximum for channel-to-channel and 5ns maximum for part-to-part
- Dual supply voltage compatible for 3.3V and 5V
- High common mode transient immunity of 25 kV/µs min
- Safety and regulatory approvals from UL, CSA and IEC 60950-1/61010-1/60601-1
- 16-pin SOIC wide-body packages
Pricing: Starting at $6.48 each in 1,000 piece quantities.
Availability: Samples and production quantities are available now through the Avago direct sales channel and via worldwide distribution partners.
Datasheets: ACML-7400: offers an all-in-one channel configuration; ACML-7410: offers a bi-directional 3/1 channel configuration; and ACML-7420: offers a bi-directional 2/2 channel configuration.