Holt Integrated Circuits said its RS-485 transceiver family, HI-4850, complies with the EMI/EMC requirements of RTCA/DO-160G, Section 21, Category P and the lightning requirements of RTCA/DO-160G, Section 22, Level 3 and 4 Pin Injection Test Waveform Set A (3 & 4), Set B (3 & 5A) and Set Z (3 & 5B).
The RTCA/DO-160G specification provides a standardized test methodology that is accepted in the avionics industry as the gold standard for environmental testing of airborne equipment.
Such compliance guarantees that Holt’s devices operate reliably in a broad variety of applications with tough environmental requirements such as avionics and industrial control.
The HI-4850 is a slew-rate controlled TIA-485/TIA-422-B and ISO 8482:1993 compliant transceiver. The device can operate over an extended power-supply range (3.0V to 5.5V) and wide common mode voltage range (-15V to +20V). The HI-4850 has a half-duplex configuration, with slew rate optimized for data rates below 5 Mbps. The driver slew-rate control and pre-emphasis reduces high-frequency components in the output signal transitions along with compensating for impedance mismatch. These features provide optimum EMI and jitter performance essential in EMI sensitive environments and high-integrity data link applications such as industrial automation.HI-4850 features
• Slew Rate Control and Pre-Emphasis for superior EMI
• Extended Power Supply Operating Range (3.0V - 5.5V)
• Extended Receiver Common-Mode Range
o -15V to +20V Half-Duplex
o +/-24V Full-Duplex
• ESD Protection:
o 16KV HBM (Bus Pins)
o 8KV HBM (Logic Pins)
• 5 Mbps Data Rate up to 100ft (CAT-5 UTP)
• 2 Mbps Data Rate up to 1000ft
• Input Impedance = 1/7 UL Supporting 224 Nodes
• Guaranteed Fail-Safe Receiver Operation
• Thermal Shutdown and Current
• Extended Temperature Range (-55°C to +125°C)
• Industry Standard 75176 Pinout
• Extended temperature range RS-485/422 networks
• Process Control and Factory Automation
• EMI emission sensitive avionics
• Industrial field bus networks
• Networks requiring extended common-mode rangePricing:
Devices are priced from $2.96 in 1K quantities and are available immediately.