Bi-directional logic gate optocoupler provides reliable optical isolation
1/19/2011 8:03 PM EST
Fairchild Semiconductor has developed the FOD8012, full duplex, bi-directional, logic gate optocoupler with high noise immunity as well as reliable optical isolation for industrial fieldbus communications, programmable logic control, and servo control, as well as inverter, factory automation, process control and test and measurement applications.
The FOD8012 supports isolated communications of digital signals between systems without conducting ground loops or hazardous voltages. It features a 0.4mm (minimum) optical isolation gap, as well as a fast switching speed, up to 15Mbit/s. In addition, it employs Fairchild's proprietary Optoplanar packaging technology and optimized IC design to achieve high common mode rejection (CMR) of 20kV/µs minimum.
- Full Duplex, Bi-Directional
- 20kV/µs Minimum Common Mode Rejection
- High Speed: 15Mbit/s Data Rate (NRZ); 60ns max. Propagation Delay;15ns max. Pulse Width Distortion; 30ns max. Propagation Delay Skew
- 3.3V and 5V CMOS Compatibility
- Extended industrial temperature range of -40°C to 110°C
- Safety and regulatory approvals: UL1577, 3,750 VACRMS for 1 min.; IEC60747-5-2 (approval pending)
Pricing: $3.08 each in 1ku
Availability: Samples available now; delivery: eight to 10 weeks
Datasheet: Click here.