Microchip launches PIC32 GUI dev board
12/9/2012 6:07 PM EST
Microchip Technology has announced the PIC32 GUI Development Board with projected capacitive touch. The tool is designed to make it easy for designers to add the combination of multitouch projected-capacitive interfaces, and high-quality 16-bit color graphics to WQVGA displays in any application.
- With its industry-leading performance, Microchip’s 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller can directly drive LCDs, eliminating the cost and complexity of an external graphics controller.
- In combination with Microchip’s free graphics and multitouch software, this board enables rich, modern user interfaces for cost-sensitive designs in a broad range of markets, such as consumer, industrial and medical.
- Microchip makes it easy and cost-effective to add rich user interfaces to nearly any product, by providing what is essentially a “GUI in a box” that can be inserted—as is—into most designs.
- The “PIC32 GUI Development Board with Projected Capacitive Touch” enables bezel mounting and connections between LCD displays and most of the PIC32’s on-chip peripherals. The board also provides ready-to-use PCB pads for common serial and analog connections.
- The PIC32 has processing power to spare for additional tasks, such as communication, control and audio.
PIC 32 GUI development board with projected capacitive touch (Part # DM320015).
Packaging and availability
The PIC32 GUI Development Board With Projected Capacitive Touch (part # DM320015) is available today for $249.
Microchip’s Graphics Library and Graphics Display Designer Utility are both available today via free download by Clicking Here. The turnkey touch controller MTCH6301 and supporting software is available today by Clicking Here.
Find more datasheets on products like this one at Datasheets.com, searchable by category, part #, description, manufacturer, and more.
This article originally appeared on EE Times.