No. Smithfield, R.I.— Geared towards 12V and 48V high-side redundant bus applications, Picor’s latest two additions to its Cool-ORing Active ORing product family include the PI2127, a full-function Active ORing solution and the PI2007, a universal high-speed discrete Active ORing controller.
The Picor Active ORing products address a broad range of redundant intermediate bus requirements for high-availability systems such as servers, high-end telecommunications and computing, and communications infrastructure systems.
The PI2127 is a 60-V rated product that integrates a high-speed ORing MOSFET controller and a very low on-state resistance MOSFET. The PI2007 is a universal high-speed high-side Active ORing controller IC designed for use with N-channel MOSFETs in redundant power system architectures. It is optimized for use in 12V and 48V high-side redundant power architectures, including systems that have a wide range input voltage of 36V to 75V that are also required to operate during input voltage transients up to 100V for 100 ms.
- 8.5 mΩ internal MOSFET
- Achieves fast turn-off of the internal MOSFET within 80 ns
- Thermally enhanced 7mm x 8mm land grid array SiP platform
- Delivers up to 12 Amps over a wide range of operating temperature
- Internal charge pump
- 80 ns reverse current turn-off delay time
- 4A gate peak discharge current capability
- Controls either single or paralleled MOSFETs
- 3mm x 3mm 10-lead TDFN
Pricing: In 1ku quantities, the PI2127 is $4.66 and the PI2007 is $1.61.
Datasheets: PI2127 and PI2007