Microsemi unveils driver for LED street light fixtures
11/2/2011 9:06 AM EDT
Microsemi Corp. unveiled a new LED driver designed specifically for North American street light installations.
The efficient LXMG221D-0700040-D2F LED driver eliminates bulky step-down transformers typically used in street light fixtures in these markets, providing a single-step conversion from 347VAC or 480VAC down to less than 57VDC as typically required by LED fixtures. This allows manufacturers to design lighter fixtures, which can lower product development and transportation costs. Features include integrated fault detection and management functionality which enable operators to respond more quickly to light fixture failures.
- High-voltage AC input (347-480 VAC) for North America installations
- UL1310 Class 2 isolated compact driver solution converting 347-480VAC to 40 to 57VDC
- Constant current single 700mA string applications using ~12-17 LEDs without flickering (up to 40W output)
- High power factor (PF > 0.9) and low total harmonic distortion (THD < 15 percent) across the entire input voltage range at full load to meet or exceed standard requirements
- Dimmable to 10 percent via 0-10V, PWM controls or potentiometers for additional energy savings
- FCC Title 47, part 15 Class B compliant
- Multiple protection features: over voltage, over current protection and automatic over-temperature shutdown to help protect the fixture investment
- Fault management feature to sense and manage failed (short and open) LED situations
Datasheet: Click here.