PARIS – VPT Inc. has released the SVGA0515 Series of high reliability radiation-hardened hybrid DC-DC converters specifically designed for the harsh radiation environment of space applications.
The SVGA0515 Series is qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K and MIL-STD-883. It delivers up to 50W of output power, is radiation hardened to 100 krads (Si) including Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity (ELDRS) and is characterized to SEE of 85 MeV-cm²/mg.
Performance is guaranteed by design through extensive Worst Case Analysis, the use of hardened components, and Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing (RLAT) of semiconductor components. The SVGA series has been characterized for Total Ionizing Dose (TID) performance including Enhanced Low Dose Rate Sensitivity (ELDRS) and for Single Event Effects (SEE) according to VPT’s DLA approved Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) plan per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G. Characterization is performed at both the component level and at the SVGA series hybrid converter level.Features:
• Up to 50W (15A) output power
• Guaranteed TID performance to 100 krads (Si) including ELDRS, per VPT’s DLA-approved RHA plan specified per MIL-PRF-38534, Appendix G, Level R.
• SEE characterized to 85 MeV-cm2/mg with no dropouts, shutdowns, latch up or burn out
• 1.075” square for high power density -- >160W/in3 – no need to sync or share multiple units
• Operates from 5V input
• Adjustable output voltage from 0.8V to 3.4V with extreme accuracy: ±1.5%
• High efficiency – up to 94%
• Synchronous rectification topology
• Extremely fast transient step recovery – just 60µSec
• Hybrid thick-film technology
• 100% hermetic
• Output inhibit control
• Low output noise
• No use of opto-isolators
• Worst case analysis, stress, radiation and reliability reports available1
• Characterization performed at both the component level and at the SVGA series hybrid converter levelCompliances and certifications:
• Qualified to MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K
• VPT’s Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) Plan certified by DLA to MIL-PRF-38534 Appendix G
• MIL-PRF-38534 element evaluated components
• MIL-STD-704A input voltage requirements
• MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K facility manufacturing
• MIL-STD-883 environmental screening
• MIL-STD-461 C-F when used with an EMI filter
• DLA Land and Maritime SMD 5962-11219 currently in release and approval process
VPT’s family of SVGA point of load DC-DC power converters is radiation hardened to 100 krads (Si) including ELDRS.
SVGA0515 - Block diagram
To access SVGA0515 Datasheet
, click here
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Military/Aerospace Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology,
product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of military,
defense and aerospace. And, to register to our weekly newsletter, click here.