Tundra Semiconductor Announces End-to-End RapidIO Baseband Development Platform
2/26/2008 9:54 AM EST
– Tundra Semiconductor Corporation today announced an end-to-end RapidIO-enabled MicroTCA platform for wireless base stations. The platform, offers end-to-end 10 Gigabit RapidIO Interconnect for chip-to-chip and board-to-board links across the backplane.
Four leading vendors supply the components of this industry-first RapidIO platform:
- Mercury Ensemble MSW-100 RapidIO MicroTCA Switch Module, including Tundra's Tsi578
- CommAgility AMC-6487C Baseband Advanced Mezzanine Card, which includes Texas Instruments TCI6487 Multicore DSPs and Tundra's Tsi578 Serial RapidIO Switch
- Tundra Tsi574 Serial RapidIO Signal Analyzer
- Fabric Embedded Tools RapidFET Probe
The AMC Baseband Card provides multicore DSP performance to address the processing needs of LTE, WiMAX and eWCDMA, leveraging RapidIO. The combined Mercury Ensemble MSW-100 MicroTCA Switch Module and Tsi574 Signal Analyzer solution deliver optimum 10 Gigabit RapidIO backplane design. System configuration and bring up is enabled by the RapidFET Probe portable diagnostic tool.
Individual components in this combined solution can be purchased now, from the respective component vendors. TI's recently announced TCI6484 EVM can be added to the baseband platform, for those customers choosing to use high performance single core DSPs for wireless applications. For details go to www.tundra.com.