Switch matrix devices target satellite, cable TV markets
10/1/2010 9:22 AM EDT
Woburn, Mass.— Aimed at the direct broadcast satellite (DBS) and cable television markets, Skyworks Solutions Inc. is offering a pair of CMOS switch matrix devices that eliminate the need for external components by integrating critical functionality directly on the CMOS die, providing customers with cost savings and reduced printed circuit board (PCB) space requirements.
The SKY13327-365LF and SKY13369-365LF are 0.25-2.15 gigahertz (GHz) 4 x 2 millimeter (mm) switch matrices that combine a digital decoder with the RF switching network, tone/voltage detect and digital satellite equipment control rejection (DiSEqC) functionality. The compact 20-pin, quad flat no lead (QFN) packaged switches enable any of the four inputs to either of the two outputs. Switch states can be selected using tone and voltage signals together with vertical-horizontal mirror control inputs. The switches are packaged in Skyworks' Green and restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS)-compliant, leadless plastic packages.
- Broadband frequency range: 0.25 to 2.15 GHz
- Tone and voltage control switching
- High isolation: 40 dB @ 900 MHz
- Four RF inputs, two RF outputs
- Low current consumption: 2.5 mA @ 5 V
- Alternate truth Table logic using Skyworks SKY13327-365LF
- Miniature QFN (20-pin, 4 x 4 mm) package (MSL1, 260ºC per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Pricing: Contact email@example.com.
Availability: Volume production.