Analog Devices Inc. introduced a MEMS-based ADIS16228 iSensor vibration monitor, a fully integrated vibration analysis system, which features an embedded programmable processor that provides directional sensing and spectral analysis to identify and classify individual sources of vibration in industrial equipment.
This enables the earliest possible detection, identification, and isolation of vibration sources from equipment and bearing wear that otherwise can lead to operating errors and costly equipment downtime. The noise performance of the ADIS16228 vibration monitor is specified at only 248 µg/ √Hz, across a dynamic range of ±18g, configurable to settings of 0 g to 1 g/5 g/10 g/20 g. By embedding these small vibration monitors, applications ranging from wind turbines to precision factory automation and assembly equipment will benefit from automatic vibration profiling.
The ADIS16228 iSensor tri-axial, digital vibration monitor combines iMEMS sensor technology with ADI’s data conversion and sensor signal processing technologies with convenient data capture and an SPI (serial peripheral interface). The SPI and data buffer structure provide easy access to sensor data. The ADIS16228 samples, processes and stores x, y and z acceleration data with FFT (fast Fourier transform) processing including time stamp. The programmable digital filter offers low-pass configuration options, and an internal clock drives the data sampling system during a data capture event, which eliminates the need for an external clock source. The data capture function has three different modes that will accommodate the needs of many different applications. The ADIS16228 also offers an integrated digital temperature sensor and digital power-supply measurements, as well as a digital self-test feature that enables reliable embedded operation within the targeted applications. The extended operating temperature range for the device is −40°C to +125°C.
- Embedded frequency domain processing, 512-point, real-value FFT algorithms and on-board storage identify and classify individual sources of vibration, monitor changes over time and react to programmable threshold levels.
- Low-noise performance specified at 248 µg/ √Hz greatly improves the ability to discern unwanted vibration from normal operation.
- Programmable spectral alarm bands allow analysis of the full frequency spectrum with the configuration of 6 bands, Alarm1 (warning threshold) and Alarm2 (fault threshold) for earlier and more accurate fault detection.
- On-chip data capture function has three modes that offer several options to meet the needs of many different applications.
- User configurable multi-mode operation (including real-time-capture mode) allows more accurate assessment of even subtle vibration profile changes.
Pricing: $159 each in 1,000-piece quantities.