The only way I would even consider using the Cloud to store data would be if the following conditions were met.
1. Data is encrypted by the user and only the user has the decrypt key.
2. The data is sent to the cloud via a secure and encrypted connection.
3. No one can find any of my data in the Cloud.
4. The user is immediately notified if anyone tries to access the data.
5. Only the user can download the data from the Cloud to the Users system.
Until these conditions are met, I have no interest in storing anything in the Cloud.
What are the engineering and design challenges in creating successful IoT devices? These devices are usually small, resource-constrained electronics designed to sense, collect, send, and/or interpret data. Some of the devices need to be smart enough to act upon data in real time, 24/7. Specifically the guests will discuss sensors, security, and lessons from IoT deployments.