I'm not sure about that -- but I do remember going away with relatives for a week and calling my parents and telling them not to plug a certain plug into the wall socket because it was wired to a detonator or something (just an experiment :-)
I think doing that must swing the recipient of the shock towards an electrical career. I did it when I was about 4 or 5. In Zim, we used UK style round pin sockets, the holes of which were about the right size for a Meccano axle. (Meccano is a UK steel / nuts / bolts / etc construction toy). I ended up on the other side of the room, but seem to have been immune to electric shocks ever since (I'm still here...).
They helped build up those fingers for piano players.
Also no typos due to dragging the pinky on a too-soft keyboard. Maybe low pressure keys help with carpal-tunnel, but miss that tactile feedback. Even the old VT100s had a satisfying feel when banging on them.
What I want to know is, at what age did Max first insert a metallic object in the AC wall socket? What was his reaction? I remind our readers on this side of the pond that the UK mains were 240V, having recently been lowered to a mere 230V :)
Great story, Mrs. Maxfield. Old timey type writers also required quite a bit of hand strength too so it must have been tiring as well as frustrating.
I too would be interested to know about our Max when he was a young lad. Did you have to replace many fuses?
What are the engineering and design challenges in creating successful IoT devices? These devices are usually small, resource-constrained electronics designed to sense, collect, send, and/or interpret data. Some of the devices need to be smart enough to act upon data in real time, 24/7. Specifically the guests will discuss sensors, security, and lessons from IoT deployments.