Why is the radiation level 60-150 times higher than cell phone? I think the data is just for logging power related information which shouldn't be heavy traffic so I wonder even the transmitter on the meter doesn't need to dump data all the time. Besides, the transmitter should have been placed in areas not be easily touched. With much farther from human, I wonder how this radiation is different from the sea of micro-wave that we expose to every day (remember there are lots of base-stations and repeaters transmitting energy out to "talk" to all phones around).
HOW WILL CISCO AND OTHERS CONTINUE TO WORK IN THIS AREA NOW THAT A CALIFORNIA HEALTH DEPARTMENT IDENTIFIED SMART METERS AS DANGEROUS TO PERSONAL AND PUBLIC HEALTH?
CALIFORNIA HEALTH DEPARTMENT SMART METER HEALTH REPORT JANUARY 2012 (summary).
1. Smart Meters emit radiation almost continuously, day and night, seven days a week.
2. Family safety is uncertain with a smart meter attached to a home.
3. It is impossible to know how close a consumer is to their RF Radiation limit, making safety an uncertainty with installation of a mandatory Smart Meter.
4. Smart Meters can exceed the whole body radiation exposure of cell phones by 60-150 times.
5. Radiation exposure from Smart Meters at non-thermal levels shows accumulating evidence of human cell damage, DNA chain breaks, breaches in the blood-brain barrier, sperm damage, toxin exposure, cancer, miscarriage, birth defects, semen degradation, autoimmune diseases, etc.
6. Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is a real and sometimes debilitating neurological problem for the affected persons (Mild et al., 2004).
7. FCC guidelines do not protect the public and cannot be used for any claims of Smart Meter safety.
8. Smart Meters exceed the RF Microwave Radiation standards of many other countries by 12 to 60 million times.
9. SUMMARY: Given the evidence of existing and potential harm from Smart Meters, governmental agencies for protecting public health and safety should be much more vigilant towards Smart Meter electromagnetic radiation exposures because governmental agencies are the only defense against such involuntary exposure.
My Mom the Radio Star Max MaxfieldPost a comment I've said it before and I'll say it again -- it's a funny old world when you come to think about it. Last Friday lunchtime, for example, I received an email from Tim Levell, the editor for ...
A Book For All Reasons Bernard Cole1 Comment Robert Oshana's recent book "Software Engineering for Embedded Systems (Newnes/Elsevier)," written and edited with Mark Kraeling, is a 'book for all reasons.' At almost 1,200 pages, it ...