It is very interesting to be in touch with the latest news about technology breakthroughs in medicine and discuss it later with the incentaHEALTH specialists. Thanks for sharing such interesting medical articles with us!
Very useful information in the link above, thanks! I would imagine software applications using these technologies will start to be more prominent in 2013; in particular, analytics-driven prognostics.
@andrew... Thank you... it is common to see survey respondents provide inputs considering the contemporary 'pain points' and may miss future ones. My guess is this list will look radically different in another 5 years. Probably #10 will dominate?
Game Changers: Technology Trends to Watch in 2013
As we look ahead to the New Year and what it may bring, we have collected the most important game-changing, cannot-be-ignored 2013 medical device technology trends.
According to the survey results, the top 10 medical devices challenges are:
1. Managing devices and systems on the IT network (72%)
2. Integrating device data into electronic health records (65%)
3. Broken connectors (50%)
4. Battery management (50%)
5. Alarm management (49%)
6. Maintenance of infusion pump systems (48%)
7. Cybersecurity of medical devices and systems (47%)
8. Setting preventive maintenance strategies (44%)
9. Medical device incident reporting and investigations (42%)
10. Medical devices brought in by patients (42%)
What are the engineering and design challenges in creating successful IoT devices? These devices are usually small, resource-constrained electronics designed to sense, collect, send, and/or interpret data. Some of the devices need to be smart enough to act upon data in real time, 24/7. Specifically the guests will discuss sensors, security, and lessons from IoT deployments.