@Aubrey: I'm not sure that I wouldn't have changed the colour at a faster rate, but then I'm impatient.
LOL Me too. This is just the first-pass generic test pattern I always use to make sure all the LEDs work and that they can display all the colors (I based it on an example Sketch provided by the guys and gals at Adafruit -- I LOVE the way they get you up and running so quickly).
One additional think to remember is that any time I put into one "front-end" project saves loads of time in future "downstream" projects. So all of the experiance I gained programming my 4x4x4 LED cube and learning the Arduino is paying dividends with this infinity mirror project.
Similarly, all the experiance I'm gaining with the NeoPixels in this Infinity Mirror project -- ESPECIALLY taking ESD precautions -- will pay off handsomely in my BADASS Display and Inamorata Prognostication Engine projects.
That's a great effect. Until you look closely at some of the photos, it's hard to believe that there's no great depth to the strucure, but then that's the raison d'etre of the infinity mirror. I'm not sure that I wouldn't have changed the colour at a faster rate, but then I'm impatient.
I enjoyed your reflection taking the movie as well.
The project itself has been running for a couple of months now, but that's only becausde I keep on getting sidetracked. It was when I started thinking about my new BADASS Display project earlier this week that I told myself I really had to finish the mirror first, so I sprang into action.
Total construction time was probably 8 hours or so -- the real fun will come with the programming of the special effects thsi coming weekend LOL.