LONDON The Chinese IC design sector was worth 23.52 billion yuan (about $3.44 billion) in 2008, up 4.2 percent compared with 2007, according a report by Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute (Taipei, Taiwan)
The report is said to discuss the top ten IC design houses in China and ranks them based on 2008 revenues in the following order:
1. HiSilicon Technologies Co. Ltd.
2. China Integrated Circuit Design
3. Spreadtrum Communications (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
4. Datang Microelectronics Technology Co. Ltd.
5. Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co. Ltd.
6. Actions Semiconductor Co. Ltd.
8. Shanghai Huahong Integrated Circuit Co. Ltd.
9. Vimicro Corp.
10. Tongfang Microelectronics Co.
Hisilicon experienced large revenue increases and took over first place. Companies ranked second to tenth experienced different degrees of revenue decline, according to Research and Markets Ltd., which distributes the report.