We are pleased to present, in serialized form, the entire Chapter 4 of the recently published book Microwave and RF Design: A Systems Approach, by Prof. Michael Steer. To see a detailed description of this comprehensive, nearly 1000-page book, and the full Table of Contents, click here.
The book, copyright 2010, is published by SciTech Publishing, ISBN 9781891121883; this excerpt is used with their permission, all rights reserved.
About the author: Michael Steer is the Lampe Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at North Carolina State University. He received his B.E. (1976) and Ph.D (1983), both in Electrical Engineering from the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. Prof. Steer is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and is active in the Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S). He has authored more than 400 publications and has coauthored the books Foundations of Interconnect and Microstrip Design and Multifunctional Adaptive Microwave Circuits and Systems.
We are presenting Chapter 4 as follows:
- Section 4.1: Introduction, click here
- Section 4.2: Media, Section 4.3: Substrates; and Section 4.4: Transmission Line Structures, click here
- Section 4.5: Modeling of Transmission Lines; and Section 4.6: Transmission Line Theory, click here
- Section 4.7: The Terminated Lossless Line, click here
- Section 4.8: Special Cases of Lossless Terminated Lines; and Section 4.9: Input Impedance of a Terminated Lossy Line, will be posted November 16, 2009
- Section 4.10: Microstrip Transmission Lines, will be posted November 23, 2009
- Section 4.11: Microstrip Design Formulas; and Section 4.12: Transmission Line Components, will be posted November 30, 2009
- Section 4.13: Resonators; Section 4.14: Summary; and Section 4.15: Exercises, will be posted December 7, 2009