Melbourne, Fla. AuthenTec has introduced its new EntrPad 1510 the world's smallest, most powerful and versatile biometric fingerprint sensor, which combines high level security with a host of touch-powered features and functions for cell phones. The sensor is available today and already is being designed into several cell phones scheduled to be unveiled later this year.
The tiny, low-cost sensor is the first to feature AuthenTec's "The Power of Touch" approach, which enhances the overall consumer electronics experience by extending biometric technology beyond secure user authentication to take full advantage of the power of touch.
AuthenTec's EntrPad 1510 enables cell phone manufacturers to easily incorporate compelling new features and functions that are controlled at the simple touch or swipe of your finger. Capabilities such as;
- Security: protects important personal or business data, images and lists from theft or fraud; enables m-commerce and wireless banking.
- Convenience: easily opens applications or operate functions with the touch of a finger, rather than passwords or multiple keypad strokes.
- Navigation: includes scroll wheel and full motion navigating that replaces keypads or other devices; enables wireless gaming
- Personalization: enables personalization of a phone with features such as multi-finger speed dial, individualized buddy lists, and other functions.
Built on AuthenTec's best-in-class TruePrint technology, the EntrPad 1510 provides the most accurate and reliable security solution for the wireless market. Unlike competitive "surface based" solutions that read the top layer of a fingerprint, AuthenTec's TruePrint technology reads below the surface " enabling it to read virtually anyone's fingerprint.
In addition to its advanced security and touch features, the EntrPad 1510 is also the fastest sensor in the industry, which enables cell phones to quickly acquire finger images for authentication and detect motion for smoother navigation and gaming performance.
The new sensor features the lowest power consumption and minimal system CPU loading important factors for cell phone manufacturers. The sensor is extremely rugged, with proven scratch and impact resistance including wear and rub-resistance in excess of 10 million finger rubs.
"AuthenTec is changing the way the world uses fingerprint biometrics by incorporating the market's lowest-cost, most convenient and reliable authentication technology with innovation that enables finger-controlled function activation based on specific finger motions," said Scott Moody, president and CEO of AuthenTec. "The 1510 offers an all-in-one solution to designers and manufacturers of wireless electronic devices looking to add a premium end-user feature at a low-cost."
EntrPad 1510 Technology Highlights
- Cost: Under $5 in quantities
- Performance: Fast finger motion capture > 500 mm/sec, high-rate image capture greater than 1,500 frames-second
- Size: 12 mm x 5 mm x 1.86 mm or 1.20 mm
- Form Factors: 40 ball grid array
- Mobile temp operation: -20°C to 70°C
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Mobile; Symbian 6.1, 8.x; Qualcomm REX, Linux