Unterpremstaetten, Austria– austriamicrosystems has beefed up its portfolio of LED BLU (backlight unit) drivers and controllers for the latest generation of LCD TVs with two new devices: the AS3695A, a 16-channel white LED driver for direct lighting, and the AS3695C, a 16-channel white LED controller for edge lighting.
Driver accuracy of ±0.5% guarantees exact brightness and color matching and channel-to-channel current matching is ±0.2%, resulting in high lighting contrast ratios for the best possible picture quality and 3D effects. In addition, the AS3695A and AS3695C include novel power feedback regulation for controlling external power supplies for the highest system efficiency and reduced power in LED backlit LCD TVs.
- 16 Channel LED driver
- Linear current setting using 10-bit DAC
- Current accuracy ±0.5% @ VDAC=250mV
- Channel to Channel current accuracy ±0.2%
- Output slew rate programmable
- Current programmable with external resistor
- Digital current control with 16 independent PWM generators
- PWM-generator clock
- Internal RC-oscillator
- External Clock
- H-Sync, V-Sync inputs to synchronize with TV-set
- Direct PWM mode
- Undervoltage detection ( open LED )
- Undervoltage auto-turnoff
- Overvoltage detection ( short LED )
- Overvoltage auto-turnoff
- Temperature shutdown
- Register lock/unlock function
- Fault interrupt output
- 2 configurable supply regulation feedback outputs
- SPI interface
- 4kV ESD at voltage sense inputs
- 2kV ESD an all other pins
Pricing: The 1,000 piece price for the AS3695A QFN is $2.10. The AS3695C QFN and AS3695C LQFP are $2.20 and $2.70, respectively.
Availability: Samples are available now.
Datasheets: AS3695A and AS3695C