Maxim Integrated Products has introduced what it says is the industry's smallest 2-channel ADC.
The MAX11645 12-bit I2C ADC includes an internal reference in a tiny 1.9mm x 2.2mm wafer-level package (WLP). A 4 x 3 bump array with 0.5mm pitch facilitates layout on four-layer PCBs, while a slim 0.64mm height makes it well-suited for designs laying components out on both sides of the PCB. Applications range from energy-harvesting sensors, to portable consumer electronics, to point-of-load monitoring (voltage, current, and temperature) in networking and computer systems.
- Ultra-Tiny 1.9mm x 2.2mm Wafer Level Package
- High-Speed I²C-Compatible Serial Interface
- 400kHz Fast Mode
- 1.7MHz High-Speed Mode
- 2.7V to 3.6V (MAX11645)
- 4.5V to 5.5V (MAX11644)
- Internal Reference
- 2.048V (MAX11645)
- 4.096V (MAX11644)
- External Reference: 1V to VDD
- Internal Clock
- 2-Channel Single-Ended or 1-Channel Fully Differential
- Internal FIFO with Channel-Scan Mode
- Low Power
- 670µA at 94.4ksps
- 230µA at 40ksps
- 60µA at 10ksps
- 6µA at 1ksps
- 0.5µA in Power-Down Mode
- Software-Configurable Unipolar/Bipolar
Pricing: Starts at $1.25 (1000-up, FOB USA)
Datasheet: Click here.