Maxim Integrated Products' MAX15040 is a low-voltage (2.4V to 3.6V), synchronous switching regulator in a 2mm x 2mm wafer-level package (WLP). This miniature step-down regulator integrates MOSFETs to simplify design, minimize EMI, improve reliability, and save board space.
The MAX15040 operates from a fixed 1MHz switching frequency to further reduce total solution size, as it allows all-ceramic-capacitor designs. Offering efficiencies up to 94% at full load current (4A), this point-of-load regulator minimizes power loss in applications such as telecom, networking, and server equipment.
- Internal 15mΩ RDS(ON) MOSFETs
- Continuous 4A Output Current
- ±1% Output-Voltage Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Operates from 2.4V to 3.6V Supply
- Adjustable Output from 0.6V to (0.9 x VIN)
- Adjustable Soft-Start Reduces Inrush Supply Current
- Factory-Trimmed 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Compatible with Ceramic, Polymer, and Electrolytic Output Capacitors
- Safe Startup into Prebias Output
- Enable Input/Power-Good Output
- Fully Protected Against Overcurrent and Overtemperature
- Overload Hiccup Protection
- Sink/Source Current in DDR Applications
- 2mm × 2mm, 16-Bump (4 x 4 Array), 0.5mm Pitch WLP Package
Pricing: Start at $2.17 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheet: Click here.