FCI released XCede vertical backplane headers and right-angle daughter card receptacles designed for 25 Gb/s performance.
Vertical backplane header configurations provide two, four or six differential signal pairs per column wafer with four, six or eight wafers per signal connector module. The vertical header range also includes options with two-wall, three-wall, or four-wall connector shrouds. Among the three-wall options are versions with integrated guide posts and polarization key openings.
The XCede connector platform provides a clear long-term migration path for customers who are designing equipment platforms that will need to evolve to enable higher speed signaling and higher levels of performance in future years. The use of advanced engineering polymers in a resonance-damping shield eliminates crosstalk resonances and enables very low crosstalk across a wide frequency range.
- High-speed backplane system capable of 25 Gb/s
- Use of engineering materials in the shield aids in reduction of crosstalk resonances
- 1.85 mm column pitch offers high linear signal density
- Configurations with 6 differential pairs/column fit 36 mm card slot pitch and provide 82.4 pairs/inch
- 4 pairs/column fit 25 mm slot pitch with 54.9 pairs/inch
- 2 pairs/column fit 15 mm slot pitch with 27.5 pairs/inch
- Two ground vias between differential pairs allow elongated antipads to further improve impedance
- Optional short compliant pin permits deeper backdrilling and dual diameter vias to enhance return loss performance
- Wide ground contacts feature a stiffening rib and are advanced well ahead of signals for signal pin protection
- Intermateable, electrically and mechanically interchangeable
- Licensed second source to Amphenol TCS
Datasheet: Click here.