PARIS – Dolphin Integration SA (Meylan, France) announced it has released sensAFE-20x32-PM-mono.04-LB, an analog front-end solution for power-metering reaching 20 bits of sensitivity.
Designed for enabling up to high precision power metering applications, class up to 0.1 and ranges up to 1/10,000, Dolphin Integration's sensAFE-20x32-PM-mono.04-LB is based on a low power and small area S? analog to digital converter and low noise programmable gain amplifier. It combines the 3 paths needed for a single-phase measurement of power (voltage, current and tampering) and an automatic gain control for area and power consumption optimization, the company claimed.
Dolphin Integration said that the power supply network, provided by a low noise Linear Regulator, and the embedded low drift reference voltage enable the application to benefit from a virtual component.
• Meets Class 0.1 system performances and large range application requirements
o up to 1:10,000, with current transformer sensor
o up to 1:5,000, with shunt resistor sensor for 0.2 class
• Embedded Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
• Embedded low noise Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA), with gain from 1 to 32
• Low power consumption: 11 mW @ 3.3 V / 1.8 V
• Tampering path
• On chip low drift reference voltage (25ppm/°C typ)
• Embedded power management for high noise resilience enabling to decrease the constraints on power supply
The sensAFE-20x32-PM-mono.04-LB delivers:
• 1 current path and 1 voltage path for the basic measurement of power
• 1 tampering path for detecting any electricity theft on either consumer or supplier networks
• 1 reference voltage presenting a low drift, compatible with class 0.1 and facilitating the calibration
• 1 linear regulator for the analog power supply insuring the lowest noise
Visit Dolphin Integration