Texas Instruments Inc. introduced two high-current, low-dropout (LDO) linear voltage regulators with excellent noise and power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) performance in very small, easy-to-use packages.
The 250-mA LP5907 and 800-mA LP38798 LDOs feature less than 10-µVrms output noise over the 10-Hz to 100-kHz bandwidth, eliminating the need for expensive and bulky filtering in a wide range of high-performance applications.
LP5907 key features:
- Output noise of less than 10-µVrms
- PSRR of 75 dB at 1 kHz
- Output voltage range between 1.2 V and 4.5 V in 25 mV steps
- Very small 0.65-mm by 0.65-mm by 0.40-mm micro SMD package
LP38798 key features:
- Output noise of 5 µVrms
- PSRR of 90 dB at 10 kHz
- Wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 20 V.
- Very small 4.0-mm by 4.0-mm by 0.8-mm WSON package
The LP5907 is priced at US$0.23 in 1,000-unit quantities, and the LP39798, at US$1.30.
Datasheets: LP5907 and LP38798