The folks from Altera just emailed me to say that they have an Altera Video Design Framework Workshop that is organized to boost our video processing design productivity with FPGAs. You can join this Hands-on Workshop by registering at This Link.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- The instructor-led workshop will walk design engineers thru the construct of a scalable, multi-format, and multi-rate video system
- Targets including broadcast, Pro AV, conferencing, medical, military, or industrial imaging application
- Master the system methodology to increase your FPGA design productivity
- Use polyphase scaling, motion-adaptive deinterlacing, and alpha blending mixer in the Arria® V GX starter kit for up, down and cross format conversion from SD to full HD.
- Optimize external memory access efficiency and setup system level debug
- Simulate and verify your or third-party intellectual property (IP) for integration with Altera IP
- Understand how to leverage verified IP building blocks and reference designs into your own product
to learn more and to register.
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Programmable Logic Designline
where – in addition to my Max's Cool Beans
blogs – you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to programmable logic devices of every flavor and size (FPGAs, CPLDs, CSSPs, PSoCs...).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).