The EE Times elves have waded through all of the entries and selected the winner of the August 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest.
As usual, judging the August 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest has been an arduous task because so many amazing entries -- including puns and limericks -- tickled our funny bone. But the EE Times elves have to choose. Finally they've come to a standoff...er, uh....agreement... between themselves. Really. It was hard month: go back and read all the entries and you'll see what we mean.
The winning entry, by EE Times Community Member dadeus was:
Mama always said, "Buying electronics from eBay was like opening a box of chocolates..."
And the runners up were as follows:
- pabaines "Bob couldn't wait to see what the Radioactive Element of the Month Club had sent him this time."
- SteveC210 "Eureka...the first self wrapping present!"
- dt_hayden for Marketer in a Box "Bert looks forward to turning the handcrank and revealing the marketing person assigned to his project."
- Stargzer "Fred knew he needed his hearing checked, but he was still thrilled to get ten pounds of "it" in a five-pound box, whatever "it" was."
- BrainiacV "Downsized Darren left a little surprise for his manager."
- CB_EE "Acme Inc. has developed a particularly sinister lay-off announcement/separation package delivery method."
- dt_hayden "Excitement will turn to horror as the box is opened to reveal a complete set of ISO9000 manuals."
Thanks to everyone who participated. We're sorry if you missed out this time, but happily our September 2015 Cartoon Caption Contest is awaiting your witty entries.
Last, but certainly not least, if you're a past winner and you've not yet received your signed copy of the cartoon, please contact Susan Rambo at email@example.com