As always, judging the January 2017 cartoon caption competition was less than easy. The EE Times Elves say that they were first pulled in one direction and then tempted in another. Finally, after much gnashing of teeth and rending of garb -- all accompanied by a cacophony of wailing, moaning, and groaning -- the little rascals finally came to a consensus.
The winning entry, by EE Time Community Member PercyBee, was "There's nothing like a bit of managerial optimism to lay the groundwork for future disappointment."
"There's nothing like a bit of managerial optimism to lay the groundwork for future disappointment."
And the runners up -- in no particular order (the EE Times Elves aren't very good at "order") -- were as follows:
- TFCSD: "He reminds me of how I was when I was new."
- rxx12345: "At the start of each new year, Bob eagerly awaits the moment when the new engineers recognize for the first time that marketing is clueless."
- didymus7: "No, I have no idea why our CEO starts every year with Karaoke."
- TGR0: "For those of you on the phone, he's blowing a party horn from his left nos... tell you what, I'll fill you in later."
- CB_EE: "Waldo had stepped through the wrong wormhole, again..."